At the end of our unit on Macbeth, students will be able to:
- Explain how the themes of ambition and power are revealed throughout Macbeth (RL.9-10.1).
- Explain how characters develop and interact throughout Macbeth (RL.9-10.3).
- Discuss how characters helped to advance, and develop, the theme and plot throughout Macbeth (RL.9-10.3).
- Discuss the impact of word choice on meaning and tone (RL.9-10.4).
- Discuss how Shakespeare manipulates the text to create mystery, tension and or surprise (through pacing, visions and flashbacks) (RL.9-10.5).